This page records the processes associated with the educational related workshop on social enterprise managed by Pathways ID.
The workshop provides a base for work during the project on relevant educational activities & material.
The preparatory period aims to
- explore workshop participants’ thoughts, ideas, understanding
- assemble themes
- consider the manner & timing in which, during the project, they are to be explored.
- Management issues
- Learning organisation
- Educational Techniques
The Workshop will provide encounters with examples of entrepreneurship:
- How does a rural community survive?
- What initiatives are necessary?
- What skills and experience are required & available?
Colleagues on a previous Pathways’ workshop, working independently on a theme of enterprise, economy & culture, produced a ‘snapshot report’ based on observations made during an investigative walk round the town.
The report (click here to view report-in-pictures) was, with other material presented to the Mayor and Town Council
Some specific information regarding the Workshop
The workshop in Bishop’s Castle includes
(which will be, of course, entirely voluntary)
A key element in many Social Enterprises is, as evidenced from research in the UK, the use of volunteers. This aspect will feature in a practical manner during the workshop.